R.I.P. Lemmy

• 29 December 2015
  • 7 replies

"Lemmy Kilmister, the lead singer and bassist of Motörhead and a heavy metal icon for six decades, passed away Monday after a brief battle with cancer."

As a lover of all types of music I am saddened by this news. Lemmy and Motorhead were heavy metal pioneers and their influence ignited a whole generation of music. While their music is admittedly not for everyone's taste they were definitely ahead of their time and had an impact on me as a teen musician. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for sharing that .. I certainly did miss this bit of news! RIP Lemmy!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? are you making an early aprils fools joke?? didn't read the newspapers yet. Can't be. One o the Rock legends passing away. Well you know with his level of alcohol abuse things happen. still hope its not true.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Very sad news. Apparently the cancer was only found two days before he passed away. It was an aggressive cancer that must have already spread to his brain by the time the found it.
@ wrote:
Well you know with his level of alcohol abuse things happen. still hope its not true.
Yeah. I thought Tom Morello, guitarist for Rage Against the Machine, said it best about Lemmy, "He was part man, part wolf, part Makers Mark."

I will miss that characteristic stance at the mic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Well you know with his level of alcohol abuse things happen. still hope its not true.
Yeah. I thought Tom Morello, guitarist for Rage Against the Machine, said it best about Lemmy, "He was part man, part wolf, part Makers Mark."

I will miss that characteristic stance at the mic.
I'm gonna miss his music a lot... feel strange. Was watching him perform last weekend via youtube....
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
No one should be posting "RIP" as the last thing the great man wanted was peace. May you rest in the most almighty noise with a tsunami of feedback.
Thanks for everything Lemmy x  m/
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hearing about Lemmy's thing brought me back bad memories. He's been around almost my entire life so him being around was taken for granted. So now he's not there anymore and it feels like part of history's been erased. So Lemmy i'll be missing you.