Stephen Hawking: Visionary physicist dies aged 76

• 14 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

World renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76.

He died peacefully at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday, his family said.
The British scientist was famed for his work with black holes and relativity, and wrote several popular science books including A Brief History of Time.
At the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of motor neurone disease.

Full Article

3 replies

I heard about this last night, right before going to bed. He certainly outlived the expectations of the doctors. He was still actively working and had published a thesis back in October that crashed the servers at Cambridge when it was published because of the great interest in his work. I'm sure he'll be sorely missed by the scientific community and I expect to see some sort of tribute paid to him on "The Big Bang Theory".

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:

I heard about this last night, right before going to bed. He certainly outlived the expectations of the doctors. He was still actively working and had published a thesis back in October that crashed the servers at Cambridge when it was published because of the great interest in his work. I'm sure he'll be sorely missed by the scientific community and I expect to see some sort of tribute paid to him on "The Big Bang Theory".

BD
He will be missed and he may well be the most inspirational people I have ever heard of.
I saw the movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Theory_of_Everything_(2014_film) starring Eddie Redmayne a couple of years ago and he played a fantastic part, it is certainly worth watching if you have not seen it yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes he will be missed! He was a phenomenal man! A genius in his own rite & with adversities that he turned all around.