Story Behind Your Members Name

• 16 December 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
I see many different Members Names here on the Webroot Forum. Some are obvious like some of the Webroot Employees go by there name and some don't. With all the different names here on the forum I think it would be nice to know the story on how you picked your name.

When I first started on Forums (not many) I went by the name of "Popeye". I picked that because I was serving my time in the Navy. I then changed that name to "ProTruckDriver" ~ I spent a little over 16 years on the road as a Professional Truck Driver.

I go by "ProTruckDriver" on all Forums with the exception of the Malwarebytes Forum, still "Popeye" on there almost 8 years.

Well, that's how I got "ProTruckDriver". What's behind your name?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Great idea for a Thread, Dave!

Not too much of a Story on mine. Working on the Support Team, you find a sense of comradery amongst your teammates. I have never had a nickname growing up that I actually liked until my support buddy Chris (or @) started calling me JP.

J - Josh
P - Petraglia

See if you can wrap your head around that 😉
I have to constantly use nic names since Chris is like the third most common name in the English language.  I just assumed the handle Chris would be taken. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Nice idea Dave...

Mine is ...S for maiden name and Sher for my name Sherry and jj for my sons Joshua and Jimmy. Just something simple like me...uncomplicated..easy to remember. LOL

On Wilders it's the same Ssherjj...

With Steam games I go by Aquarius for obvious reasons...:D

Userlevel 7
Well, I once had a cunning plan...so I am Baldrick. ;)

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well my first username I ever used was dagolag then a new TV series came out called Threshold and they were talking about the new Super Alien Triple Helix DNA so I liked Triple Helix as in advance Alien TH DNA! :D

So I go by TH or Triple Helix and TH is also known for Troll Hunter! Just don't call me home late for Dinner!

http://cliparts.co/cliparts/BpT/54g/BpT54g8i9.jpg

Good idea Dave.

Despite the first impression my screen-name might give, it is actually a nickname picked up around 1999-2000. Back then I was single and played in a band and was heavily immersed in the local, small-town music scene. Most of the members of the local bands knew each other. Many of us played in more than one band and if we didn't have a gig on a particular night we would go see one of the other local bands. We were all pretty good friends for the most part. As a way to make money, bands would sell merchandise at their gigs, mostly t-shirts, stickers, and CDs. I was one of the first among this group to have a computer with a CD burner, so other bands would bring me the songs they had recorded, usually in DAT or ZIP format, sometimes cassette tape, and I would create a few dozen CDs for them to sell at their shows, hence the nickname, BurnDaddy. The CD cases usually had some type of cover-art on the front and a track listing on the back (usually black and white and reproduced on a photo-copier that was at my day-job). On the back of every CD I made, at the bottom I would put "Burned by BurnDaddy". I often wonder how many of those discs, from bands no one has ever heard of, are still out there floating around. :D

I suppose that one could argue that the name is a bit of a double entendre, though. ;)

BurnDaddy
@ wrote:
Well, I once had a cunning plan...so I am Baldrick. ;)

Baldrick
I remember Baldrick from the Black Adder which aired on PBS when I was younger. Black Adder, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill, I liked all of those shows. They are still hilarious to this day. :D

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I got my name at College in about September 1981 but then it was just Jasper however in the following I did something pretty dreadful in a class one morning and that meant that the Rasper was added to it, and the name has stuck over the years.

Sorry @ but you did ask 😉
Userlevel 6
Nice thread! my long term nickname in real life whas scaryharry , because I am an 80's slasher / horror / splatter adtdict 😛 my nickname here comes from a second passion of mine : " you wanted the best , you got the best......the and in the world......KISS " starchild is the nickname for their rhythem guitarist : paul stanly aka stanley eisen!