Solved

Tell Us About Your Animals

Userlevel 7
In relation to the posts in thread started by RWM I thought we could show here on the Community that apart Webroot liking we are also human beings with passion for animals.

I will kick off this thread ....

I am a big animal lover especially dogs but living in an apartment in the downtown I don't have to much space for them. So I with my wife and daughter have been having yorkshire terriers for many years who perfectly fit to apartments. Presently we have two terrier ladies aged 3 and 2 years. My father has a breeding station of the german shepherds for tens of years, so I grew up between dogs and I am used to be surrounded by them. During years together with parents we have had also dobermans, btw they are very good for house guarding ;) We have also close friends who have a farm with horses where we go as the time allows. I have to admit that my wife is much better in riding than me. Oh I almost forgot, she (my wife) has a small aquarium with just a one fish 😃 Don't ask me why :D

So I encourage you to share your home zoo :D
icon

Best answer by akim 27 February 2013, 17:20

View original

212 replies

Userlevel 7
I am a dog lover as well.  We have two dogs, the first is a ChiPom (Chihuahua and Pomeranian mix).  Just over a year old, and weighing in at under 5 pounds, she can be quite a loving little terror when she wants to be.  

We also have a long haired Chihuahua.  She is about 18 months old.  Although she is a few pounds heavier and a few inches taller than the ChiPom, she is very low strung for a Chihuahua and tends to be rather shy.

When I am at home, to find me you just have to look for the dogs.... they are pitiful little Daddy's girls and go with me everywhere.
Userlevel 7
My terriers are afraid of all breeds except chihuahuas and that's because they are even smaller. My mother in law has chihuahua who is btw quite sharp. A decent reason to don't go there so often :D
Userlevel 6
I have two greyhounds, Daisy and Snowy, both females.  Both are former racers.  Snowy (the white one) raced for about two and one half years and won about 150 races, which is a very long track history.  She was one of the best around.  She was retired when she started slowing down.  Daisy (the fawn colored one), is super fast but does not have a strong prey drive and could care less about chasing rabbits around a track.  She only ran in a few races and was retired.  Both were placed with rescue groups (that's really the only way you can get greys, as you cannot get them in a pet store) and I was told about them.  I have had Daisy about three years longer than Snowy.  Daisy is my "heart dog."  Animal lovers will know what I mean when I say that. They live for about 11-12 years.  They can live longer but that would be the exception to the rule.

They are truly wonderful creatures.  Many say they are a cross between a dog and a cat, because they are somewhat aloof, yet, they are always there when you want them to be.  To see them run in an open field is a thing of beauty.  They are incredibly graceful and powerful, and yet, they are docile and sweet.

In my book, there is nothing like a greyhound.  If anyone is interested in adopting one, let me know and I will find a good rescue group for you to contact.  You won't regret it!

I'd love to put up a nice size picture of them but I'm not sure how to do it.  If it is permitted, suggestions would be appreciated about how to post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have 3 short hair Chihuahuas great dogs 2 are 7 and 1 is 11 Shadow is in the front male then Guinness is second and female and then Hercules is the 11 year old male in the back!

Userlevel 7
I have been chatting with RWM via PM about our passion for dogs and we have exchanged a few photos as well, so I know how his ladies are beautiful. I am touched and grateful by the fact he saved them from the fatal fate which is unfortunatelly usual for the retired racers, if you are not sure what is it, yes it's death. It's unbelievable it is still happening in this century. So Richard, I do thanks for them, you're the great chap.
Userlevel 7
Here are my babies.. Sorry for the bad pic quality, they refuse to sit still for pictures!

The long haired Chihuahua

The ChiPom

Userlevel 7
Here's our breeding german shepherds

and terriers (just after they woke up)

Userlevel 7
Maybe we should make a request for a new "Webroot Swag" item: Webroot Doggie Sweaters for our little furry friends!
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I love the idea for the Webroot dog sweaters! :D I don't have any pictures of my dogs with me now, but I will post some later.

RWM - you should be able to upload a photo in your post by clicking the tree icon in your toolbar: 

Let me know if that isn't working for you.
Userlevel 3
Edi:

Pu?ka:

Pu?ka and Maniek:

Userlevel 6

Userlevel 6

Userlevel 6

Userlevel 7
RWM, 

Wow, those are a couple beautiful dogs you have!
Userlevel 6

Userlevel 6

Userlevel 6

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
My Chi's were on Calendars as my Niece breeds Chihuahuas and knows a photographer!

And all 3 are always on my Wife's lap. :D

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
I love the idea for the Webroot dog sweaters! :D I don't have any pictures of my dogs with me now, but I will post some later.

RWM - you should be able to upload a photo in your post by clicking the tree icon in your toolbar: 

Anna, I think it worked!  Thanks!:D

They say a picture is worth a thousand words! 
Userlevel 6
Great thread!  Keep em coming!!!!!!   😃
Userlevel 7
It's a Dogs Day on the forums today!
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I'm glad it worked for you! You have two gorgeous dogs - I bet you get a lot of compliments when you take them for walks!
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I'm glad it worked for you! You have two gorgeous dogs - I bet you get a lot of compliments when you take them for walks!
Thank you.  Greyhounds are not that common, so lots of folks don't recognize the breed.  Those who recognize them always ask whether they raced and whether I rescued them.  As Pegas correctly pointed out, historically, the plight of the greyhound has not been good.  Once they are done racing, if they cannot be rescued,  they are put down.  It is better now than it was, say, twenty years ago, but it is still a problem.  Many organizations have sprung up to protect the breed, but a lot of work still needs to be done to give greyhounds the rewards they deserve ... a good home and someone who will love and care for them after their racing days are over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
Thank you.  Greyhounds are not that common, so lots of folks don't recognize the breed.  Those who recognize them always ask whether they raced and whether I rescued them.  As Pegas correctly pointed out, historically, the plight of the greyhound has not been good.  Once they are done racing, if they cannot be rescued,  they are put down.  It is better now than it was, say, twenty years ago, but it is still a problem.  Many organizations have sprung up to protect the breed, but a lot of work still needs to be done to give greyhounds the rewards they deserve ... a good home and someone who will love and care for them after their racing days are over.
I really admire people who adopt rescue dogs - I think it is so great to give them a second chance and a good home, and the rewards are huge. Our first dog is a rescue dog, and he is wonderful despite the anxiety that he has from the first few months of his life. We ended up getting our other dogs in part because he hated being alone so much, and that has definitely helped (although I know they annoy him a bit too!). :D 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Here are my three dogs:

Django

Pepper and Boba