The Road to Russia - World Cup Qualifying 2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Heyo sports fans! 

Do we have many soccer/footbal/futbol fans out there? 

I'm a huge fan of the beautiful game and was wondering if anyone else would be watching some of the World Cup Qualifying action this weekend. The USA square off against Honduras in a 'must-win' match tonight that's got me all riled up! Really looking forward to it. 

Some other WCQ action this weekend:

• Mexico v Costa Rica
  • Ireland v Wales
  • Spain v Israel
  • Belgium v Greece
  • England v Lithuania 
  • Scotland v Slovenia 

Who else is excited for some footy this weekend?!

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Apologies, freydrew...as far as I am concerned Rugby is the beautiful game rather than Football (or Soccer as it is know over the Pond)...so the answer is 'No' from me. ;)

But hope that you enjoy!

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Fair enough. We have a local professional rugby team in Denver. I've never been. Maybe I should try it sometime?
Judging by the title of this thread I wasn't sure if this was about Socceer/Football or the President's vision for the future of America. 😛
Userlevel 7
Rugby is a great game...as far as I am concerned...and I know that the US fields a team in the Rugby World Cup.

Personally, if you want to see it at its best then try to catch a game on TV which involves the New Zealand All Blacks. ;) Well recommended.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
http://media4.giphy.com/media/UZA15w44oCT1m/giphy.gif
@ wrote:
Judging by the title of this thread I wasn't sure if this was about Socceer/Football or the President's vision for the future of America. :p

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ I'll have to try and catch an All Black game. I've heard that they're impressive to watch. Absolutely insane amount of intensity. 
Userlevel 7
Yes, there are the No. 1 side in the World and the side to beat. As for intensity I have to say that I think that same of American Football...as and when I occassionally catch some highlights.

To me Rugby seems more ordered...but then again I am sure that this is the same for any untutored eye (and mine certainly is when it comes to American Football...;)).
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
American football is pretty fun to watch but I prefer soccer if I had to pick. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I prefer soccer to American Football but saying that the only time I watch soccer is in the latter stages of big tournaments like the World Cup. I watched quite a bit of the Rugby Six Nations recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Yes I agree Baldrick, The All Blacks are great fun to watch, they certainly seem to liven things up especially with that dance they do - sorry I cannot remember the name of it right now.
Userlevel 7
The Haka

😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
WOW!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you @ that is the one, fantastic to watch
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hi freydrew

Well I guess you can count me as a footie fan but, as an England supporter, I find it hard to get enthused about the World Cup finals these days, never mind the qualifiers!

Having said that I'll probably watch the Lithuania game on TV. Here's a touching story about the mascot for the game.

Good luck tonight. :D

Nemo
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thanks @, we're going to need it. 

"22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
"22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

Pretty much! 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@  Well that was a walk in the park! :D

USA 6 Honduras 0

Userlevel 6
I really love football , like my nicolai jorgenssen avatar suggests 🙂 I sometimes watch the dutch team , but their results are not too great the last few years. I am more excited for the match battle between feyenoord ( my favorite team ) and those 020 boys ( ajax ) and arch rivals to decide the dutch competition this year. if feyenoord winns we have a big chance of becomming champion of the dutch competerion this year....very , very much needed : the last time whe where champion dates back till 1999 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ wrote:
@  Well that was a walk in the park! :D

USA 6 Honduras 0

I'm just as surprised as you. I wasn't expecting that at all, whatsoever. Wow! Let's see how they do tomorrow against Panama in Panama. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@Starrchild1976 wrote:
I really love football , like my nicolai jorgenssen avatar suggests 🙂 I sometimes watch the dutch team , but their results are not too great the last few years. I am more excited for the match battle between feyenoord ( my favorite team ) and those 020 boys ( ajax ) and arch rivals to decide the dutch competition this year. if feyenoord winns we have a big chance of becomming champion of the dutch competerion this year....very , very much needed : the last time whe where champion dates back till 1999 :(
They had a pretty tough weekend. Blind got the boot too. Yikes. 

I wonder who will step in and take over...

When will Feyenoord play Ajax? Is that coming up? That would be a fun one to watch. 
Userlevel 6
feyenoord will be playing ajax this weekend on sunday 🙂