Useful humour

• 30 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
The British have a habit of using humour as a teaching aid.
  This Commercial was shown on UK commercial TV to widen knowledge of what was then a new version of CPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD2qTmDsiHk

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi moonzero2

Hope that you are well?

Yes, seen this and it is indeed an excellent example of what we Brits do rather well (if only there was more that we did well...of a more serious nature :p).

Thanks for posting.

Regards, Baldrick
Yes. I agree that the Brits are masters of tounge-in-cheek humor, often delivered with in a dry and matter-of-fact manner. When I was a young man I discovered the British shows like Monty Python, Benny Hill, Black Adder, Fawlty Towers, etc. on PBS (Public Broadcast System). I was immediately hooked. I will say that British humor is a bit of an aqquired taste, though. I have found that not everyone appreciates it as much as I do, but I suspect that's because they've never really given it a chance.

Here's one of my favorite examples. Many thanks to @ for posting this gem! :D

Cheers,
BD
Userlevel 7
Hi BD

I suspect that it has not much to do with 'giving it a chance' but rather it is more culturally based...and personally I have always found British humour more erudite in nature than US humour...hence why Brits don't always get or find American humour funny and vice versa...cultural backgrouds. ;)

And that is not to tty to say that one is better than the other.

Regards, Baldrick