Webroot security expired today. How do I enter new product keycode?

• 10 January 2017
  • 4 replies

My Webroot expired today before I got a chance to enter new keycode.  How do I go about entering keycode?  Do I have to register as a different user.  I have done the 'access web console' but each time they want me to register and then tell me I have already registered.  When I input keycode there is no 'activate' button.  Help

4 replies

Hi meanmomma,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

You can enter your keycode locally on your PC by doing the following: (Click on any pic to enlarge.)

Open WSA and click on the gear next to "My Account". Then enter the new keycode in the box provided and click "Activate."

For the console:

Login to the current console and then select "Manage Keycodes" from the drop-down menu in the upper-right. On the next page choose "Add product keycode." On next page enter new keycode and select "Add." It will also ask if you want a new console or continue with the current console.

Edit: If you have Webroot "Internet Security Plus" or "Internet Security Complete" you will need to contact support so they can transfer your Password Manager and/or Backup & Sync information to your new keycode.

Submit a ticket

or

Call 1-866-612-4227
M-F 7am?6pm MT

Hope this info helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

BD

Thank you so very much.
@ wrote:
Thank you so very much.
You're very welcome. Don't hesitate to come back anytime you have a question or issue. There is always a friendly Webrooter ready and willing to help. ;)

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi meanmomma

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what BD has posted...for clarification purposes...there is no need to add a product key via the online console. Activating the keycode in the WSA client should be sufficient as the client should sync with the Webroot Cloud and so update the details in the online console.

In all the years I have been running WSA I have never once added or needed to add a keycode directly via the online console.

Regards, Baldrick