email blocked?

• 27 August 2016
  • 5 replies

For the past month or more, email from my church listserv is not getting through to my inbox (Firefox).  Emails from other listservs get here fine.  Is there a security setting that needs to be adjusted?

5 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Webroot does not have an email filter, per se. There are no settings in Webroot that pertain to email. However, you are still well protected when it comes to email. If you open a malicious attachment, or click on a malicious link in an email, Webroot will immediately go about alerting you to, and removing the threat.

Can I ask what email provider you use. Firefox is a browser. Email would be something like Gmail, Yahoo, Windows Live, or one provided to you by your ISP. It is possible that the email from your church has inadvertenly been marked as spam. Have you checked your Spam folder? There are ways to reclassify spam as legit email, but they vary among email providers. Usually you can checkmark the email in question and click "not spam" button.

hope this info helps,

BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Good to know that Webroot has that involvement with email .  Didn't know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Good to know that Webroot has that involvement with email .  Didn't know!
Not really as I have Outlook 2016 email client and Webroot doesn't scan emails and doesn't waste time on emails. Now if you click on a bad attachment then WSA will jump on the Payload that the attachment (Script) tries to download so you are well protected but in most cases such email should be deleted and not opened. Now in the case of the OP if he can get to the online email and can see emails then it's nothing to do with WSA unless the Browser is not well known and could be under monitoring so the OP would need to Submit a Support Ticket and get the files whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud Database. Again if someone click a bad link from within the online email WSA's realtime protection will jump in.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
All good to know.  Answers some questions I didn't know I had  !  :S:S
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
All good to know.  Answers some questions I didn't know I had  !  :S:S
That's also why WSA don't have per say Exploit Protection because way to many systems are not kept updated so they look for the Payload that Exploits try to download and run so WSA's Realtime Protection is very strong and the amount of Data from the Webroot BrightCloud Database you can't go wrong. Again most systems are not kept updated so there are many holes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(computer_security)

HTH,

Daniel ;)