"James Bond" actor, Roger Moore dies at 89.

Actor Roger Moore of James Bond fame has died at age 89.

For me, he was always the quintessential James Bond. I suspect it depends on your age, though. To many it's Sean Connery, whom I believe is still alive.

BD

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Another Great Actor lost the battle to Cancer. Find a cure fast, for the children's sake that have it. 

RIP Roger. :(
Userlevel 7
I don't remember him, as Sean Connery was always who I knew to be Bond...Nevertheless, Legends never die!

@ wrote:
I don't remember him, as Sean Connery was always who I knew to be Bond...Nevertheless, Legends never die!

Farewell indeed to a great actor Roger Moore.

Nevertheless I do agree with JP.

James Bond's first cinematic lines: Dr No (1962)
Userlevel 7
Sad...but he had a good innings...and by all accounts (especially his own) he had a great time; first as 'Ivanhoe' then as 'The Saint', then as one half of 'The Persuaders' (the other half was Tony Curtis) and then as the longest serving Bond (7 films)...so quite a cinematic legacy.

Never one of my favourite Bonds (I am a Sean or Daniel fan) he certainly brought his own take on the character once describing Sean Connery as 'the killer' and himself as 'the lover'.

He will be missed, but fondly remembered...especially for that famous eyebrow:

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/image-w-760-scale/public/cc_uk/galleries/large/2015/10/14/tumblr_msiqlf4qyj1sh1z9to3_400.gif?itok=EDWg9kdd
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Yes I was a Sean fan in the Bond roll however I think Roger Moore was great in the roll himself because of his own style.