Solved

Deploying via GPO

• 22 November 2012
  • 7 replies

Hey guys I was hoping someone could possibly help me out. Now I wont lie when I say I'm really liking this stuff, but the only problem IM having is deploying with GPO. 

It shouldn't be this hard but for some reason its not working at all. I even did a little test and it went like this

I put the folder on the root of C of a test server, shared it out like I was supposed to in the youtube vid they have. I put both firefox, AND webroot in there, so both would have the same permissions. I then set the GPOs up the exact same, nothing was different. Then I moved it to the OU where it is going to end up, i did a gpupdate on the server, then on my computer, then logged off and back on.

when i logged back on, firefox was there, webroot was not? Why is webroot not installing at all i keep getting the same thing when i do gpresult -r.

The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
        Local Group Policy
            Filtering: Not Applied (Empty)

and like I said before, firefox was in the same folder, and created the exact same as the webrot GPO, yet one wen tthrough while the other didnt? 
icon

Best answer by Shawn 26 November 2012, 19:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello NateC and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

As it's the Thanksgiving Holiday in the US I think i would be best to to contact WSA Enterprise support inbox by Submitting a Support Ticket as they have 24/7 support.  http://www.webroot.com/En_US/support-business.html

HTH,

TH
Badge +7
Hi Nate,
Did you edit the .msi file to include your keycode?  After you edit the .msi, does it work stand alone by double clicking?
Yeah, it works just double clicking and i did edit the msi. But after some messing around i finally got it to be able to be installed. The only thing is, you have to go to control panel, then add/remove and then you click the "Get Software". From what I understood, it just installed automatically? Or is this the way its supposed to be?
Userlevel 5
Hello,
Generally when support receives reports of GPO deployment issues it is related to Security Filters. As a test I recommend creating a Security Filter for the GPO called "Everyone". This will only allow Webroot to be installed to everyone in the OU (Organizational Unit) that you have assigned the GPO to.

Also please be sure to check out our Webroot Youtube Channel which contains a GPO how to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyvAo24EXcw&playnext=1&list=PL542CA0DB58500D43&feature=results_video

Thank you and please let us know if you have any further questions or issues,
Shawn T
Webroot Enterprise Support
Hey guys, just wanna let you know it finally works, I did some changing around on permissions on the folder, and its finally being deployed. I guess the only "problem," I have now is, the software gets deployed to the endpoint, and i can see it because the icon is in the bottom right corner saying "protected," but its not on the web console.

I restarted 5 comptuers today, and out of the 5, 1 was put into the console.  I ran back and checked out the other 4 computers, and they all had the webroot icon saying it was protected. Did i do something wrong? Or are there settings that i need to change or whats going on do you think?
Userlevel 3
Hi NateC,

Regarding GPO deployment, if you want to ensure that the software is installed and doesn't appear as an optional application in Add/Remove Programs, you need to ensure that you choose "Assigned" rather than "Published" if you install under the user section.

Tbh I'd personally recommend configuring the software installation under the computer section to ensure that the application is installed machine-wide.

Please let me know if you need any clarification

Regarding the console, this sometimes takes a little while to update from my experience. Also do those machines have an internet connection? You may be able to right-click on the WSA icon in the notification area and select "Refresh configuration" to speed things up a little.

Kind regards,
Adam
Hello,
I have a similar issue: I have the GPO deployed and when I do a GPResult -r

Applied Group Policy Objects
Webroot
....is listed but I don't see the software on the workstation. What could be wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Cecilia