Solved

OSX unmanaged configurations

• 8 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Is there a way I can modify the OSX configurations on a workgroup?  I know I cannot do this from the webroot console but are there instructions to run a script?  For example, I want to be able to disable or enable scan mounted drives on the osx clients.  I don't have the manpower to go to each workstation individually to manually set this. 

Any help would be appreciated. I have root access on all the machine. I can utilize Apple Remote Desktop or just ssh a shell script. Does webroot have any terminal utilities avaiable or does webroot have a configuration file I can modify?

Thank you,
Kenny
icon

Best answer by JGiffard 14 February 2017, 12:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Hello Kenny,

Unfortunately we don't have a way to change the settings remotely. Anything you are suggesting you are able to try. Unfortunately if it does work partially or doesn't work at all we wouldn't be able to provide support.

Regards,
Nirouku
Webroot Business Support Team Member.
I wouldnt consider this question as Solved.  It should be addressed in future releases. 
Userlevel 4
Hello,

Thank you for submitting this feature enhancement request. We would also like to invite you to post your idea on the Webroot Community Feature Requests page. The Webroot Community Feature Requests page is an online forum where you can vote on and discuss ideas. Ideas submitted on the Webroot Community will be reviewed by our Development team, and considerations such as the number of votes, practicality, and feasibility of implementation will be taken into account when planning future releases.

Regards,
Nirouku
Webroot Business Support
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
We are in the final stages of updating WSA for Mac to provide initial policy management .  Not all settings , compared to that for Windows, will be able to be managed from policy simply because of functional differences between the two.   I will publish a full list of settings for WSA for Mac that will be able to be managed from policy in the future. 

Regards

Jon.giffard
Senior PM
WSA for Business