All You Wanted To Know About Cloud Security

• 9 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Dec 09, 2015 By Sharon Solomon

The IT world is advancing at an astonishing pace. Just a few years ago data was stored physically on databases and software was managed manually. But today more and more organizations are gravitating towards cloud based solutions for their computing needs. While being extremely convenient, cheap and hassle-free, insecure programming can lead to a plethora of vulnerabilities and loopholes that can spell disaster if exploited maliciously.

Due to the relative freshness of the cloud platform, the security aspect has not yet materialized. OWASP, a pioneer in the application security field, is not waiting. The security experts from one of the world’s leading application security platforms have come up with a Top 10 Cloud Security Risks list, but it must be noted that this benchmark is still in its pre-alpha stage.

The following article will touch on the top 5 security topics that cloud developers must take seriously before dealing with their customer’s sensitive data and also provide important development tips.

Cloud Service Models. Courtesy: Bikeborg and Wylve, 2013

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
In my opinion I'm not comfortable with cloud based solutions. I firmly believe in data to be stored physically and some ...and some in the cloud. This was you have a two way protection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@Antus67 wrote:
In my opinion I'm not comfortable with cloud based solutions. I firmly believe in data to be stored physically and some ...and some in the cloud. This was you have a two way protection.
That is just the way I feel about it as well.