Anonymous will reveal names of about 1,000 KKK members

• 31 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
October 31, 2015  By Pierluigi Paganini                                             http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/sabu-anonymous.jpg 

“Ku Klux Klan, We never stopped watching you,” “We know who you are.” Anonymous plans to reveal the identities of up to 1,000 Ku Klux Klan members.

The popular Anonymous collective has declared war to the white supremacy group Ku Klux Klan (KKK), the hacktivist has posted a video message on YouTube and a message on Twitter to announce that it is holding a list of names of the Klan members.

Full Article

7 replies

Userlevel 7
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This may put a wrinkle in their organization. I assume Anonymous does not like the KKK
Userlevel 7
Almost as embarrassing as Ashley Madison.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Waqas on November 2, 2015

As reported earlier Anonymous hacktivists are all ready to leak personal information of members belonging to the white supremacist Christian organization the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).

Now, Anonymous has started revealing the personal details (email and phone numbers) of KKK members. Though for now, the credentials of only some of the members are leaked but the group has promised to reveal all 1000 soon.

The group exposed the credentials on Pastebin and updated the public via twitter. According to the anonymous the reason behind their actions is:

“We are not attacking you (the KKK) because of what you believe in as we fight for freedom of speech, we are attacking you because of what you do to our brothers and sisters”.

Full Article
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
Love it! Yet ..... this is hacking that I as others, I am sure, are trying to secure their systems from .. such as myself. There are 2 sides so do 2 wrongs make a right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Catalin Cimpanu    6 Nov 2015

Not everything went as planned, but the group pulled it off

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/fitted/340x180/anonymous-stands-by-its-promise-releases-data-on-kkk-members.jpg

The hacktivism group Anonymous stood by its word and yesterday released the details of 1,000 Ku Klux Klan (KKK) members, as part of its #OpKKK operation.

Anonymous made this promise towards the end of October, after a few days during which KKK members harassed a woman on Twitter, who was militating for equal rights for all people, regardless of race.

One of its members intervened on her behalf and carried out a few DDoS attacks against numerous KKK-linked websites.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
The KKK has a lot to worry about now, those white sheets won't protect
them anymore.
Userlevel 5
I support Anonymous, particularly when it stops online bullying, and reveals rats who like to hide their dirty work behind the scenes. It gives more kudos to the positive uses of technology. I hadn't heard about Anonymous work for awhile, so I am so glad you shared this. Thank you, J.R.!!

~Tamela