Apple questioned on Watch privacy by state attorney general

• 17 September 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
On reading this article I was amazed by just how much data this device collects and sends, surely there is a limit as to how much people want to send around the internet and also I wonder just how secure it all is.

by Lisa Vaas on September 17, 2014

http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/apple-watch_170.jpg?w=640Apple's calling its new Apple Watch its "most personal device ever".
Now Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen has a few questions he'd like Apple to answer about how its planning to protect the privacy and the extremely personal details of the people who'll be strapping on that most personal device ever.
Jepsen's office announced on Monday that he's sent Apple CEO Tim Cook a letter asking Apple for a meeting to discuss how the company plans to store and safeguard the health information the Apple Watch will be able to collect.

Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well Jasper it's certainly eye appealing to me that is! Our privacy is always in question especially with this pretty device!

It would be great to be able to obtain your health information but not if it's on unsecured servers? A lot of information can be divulged from this little wristwatch wouldn't you say? How about it Apple fans? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well as I have said many times, I do not see the need to be so connected all the time. From Monday to Friday I will see about 3 or 4 people all week usually and it is great having nobody breathing down my neck. BUT to wear a device that will send all my data over the internet like that, why? are people not supposed to have any privacy any more? The developers are racing to bring out new things all the time to encourage the gadget conscious to just buy them and all to line the pockets of the big multi-nationals.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
When is enough enough and when will the masses stop falling for marketing garbage.I would wait in a long line at an Apple store,just to get one,then take it outside,and destroy it with a sledgehammer ala Gallagher,and watch the reactions of the Apple faithful.People already have devices that can do these and similar jobs.You are only asking for trouble using a device that can expose you in such a horrible way.The fiction of movies like Terminator and other scifi are beginning to look more and more real every day.It won't take hackers long to find a way to get at your info.The more suckers that adopt this device,the more of a financial boon it could be for the hackers.I pray this device fails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Jasper and Superssjdan!

I'm going to agree that pretty isn't worth the violations of privacy or the cost and yes you are both correct in what you are saying!
@ wrote:
When is enough enough and when will the masses stop falling for marketing garbage.I would wait in a long line at an Apple store,just to get one,then take it outside,and destroy it with a sledgehammer ala Gallagher,and watch the reactions of the Apple faithful.People already have devices that can do these and similar jobs.You are only asking for trouble using a device that can expose you in such a horrible way.The fiction of movies like Terminator and other scifi are beginning to look more and more real every day.It won't take hackers long to find a way to get at your info.The more suckers that adopt this device,the more of a financial boon it could be for the hackers.I pray this device fails.
@ wrote:
Well as I have said many times, I do not see the need to be so connected all the time. From Monday to Friday I will see about 3 or 4 people all week usually and it is great having nobody breathing down my neck. BUT to wear a device that will send all my data over the internet like that, why? are people not supposed to have any privacy any more? The developers are racing to bring out new things all the time to encourage the gadget conscious to just buy them and all to line the pockets of the big multi-nationals.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry to make lite of this device. I'm in total agreement here!