Apple’s big security update – but some iPad Pro users say they’ve been “bricked”

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Have you heard of this ?, it sounds like they have not done a complete firmware image.

See Also - OS X 10.11.5 and iTunes 12.4 updates bring security and usability fixes

17 May 2016  by Paul Ducklin

Some people are very publicly complaining, however, taking to Twitter to claim that iOS 9.3.2 has bricked their iPad Pro devices.

The usual way to update an iDevice is what’s known as OTA, short for Over The Air, where you let your current version of iOS download the bits it needs to complete the update and then apply the needed changes.

This is usually a lot more efficient that downloading a complete firmware image, because you don’t need to fetch parts that haven’t changed. (Our update, from 9.3.1, was an 89MB download, a tiny fraction of the full firmware’s 2.08GB.)
Nevertheless, there’s always that worrying moment when you know your old iOS version is about to shut itself down and the stitched-together new version is supposed to boot up in its place…

…and at least some iPad Pro users seem to have got stuck right there.

Full Article

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes I updated my iPad this morning with 9.3,2 and was worried about it rebooting back to normal. But since the update i find tapping on a link isn't taking me anywhere and I keep tapping and nothing. I am not a happy camper. I even restarted iPad when it froze.:@ It never froze before!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Yes I updated my iPad this morning with 9.3,2 and was worried about it rebooting back to normal. But since the update i find tapping on a link isn't taking me anywhere and I keep tapping and nothing. I am not a happy camper. I even restarted iPad when it froze.:@ It never froze before!!
Well I hope the bug IF that is what it is will be fixed quickly.
Userlevel 7
Ooooh, sorry to hear about that Sherry...but then again...well, I won't go there...;)

As Jasper said, hope that Cupertino sort this one out promptly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Ooooh, sorry to hear about that Sherry...but then again...well, I won't go there...;)

Well Baldrick just a warning about that update encase you know anyone with an iPad 😉 But then again it could just be something in my iPad! Make sure one has a back up before updating!
Userlevel 7
Will do, Sherry, will do!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Well Baldrick just a warning about that update encase you know anyone with an iPad 😉 But then again it could just be something in my iPad! Make sure one has a back up before updating!
Thanks for the update. Colleen has an iPad, she won't be updating it until this clears up. 😉