light bulb

Did You Know?

Topics: 211
Kudos: 4,643
Ideas: 9

Apple stabs Heartbleed bug in AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule gear

Don't worry, everything else is still safe ... we think

Apple has posted a security update to address instances of the Heartbleed security vulnerability in its AirPort router and file back-up gadgets.

The company said that a firmware update for the AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule home network appliances would address the infamous CVE-2014-0160 OpenSSL security vulnerability, better known by the nickname Heartbleed.

The flaw, in which an attacker can extract in-memory data from a targeted server, has sent shockwaves through the security community for both its severity and prevalence. Some experts believe that fully resolving the flaw will take months.

In Apple's case, the vulnerability lies in OpenSSL library used by the AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule 802.11ac models. An attacker who gains network access privileges could potentially use the flaw to gain access to data from the Back to My Mac remote access tool or the Send Diagnostics tool. Older versions of AirPort and Time Capsule are not subject to the flaw.

Full Article

Still glad I am not an Apple addict...phew!

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v8.0.7.28...+ VoodooShield v2.23l Beta....working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by AX Time Machine v2.0

Topics: 78
Kudos: 3,209

Re: Apple stabs Heartbleed bug in AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule gear

Oh dear.. @Baldrick you should try the Apple or Mac...I'm quite the fan I just need to protect my Apples..:smileywink:
Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User Guides |

BrightCloud URL lookup

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Mac / Yosemite(10.10.1), IPads, PCs,W7Pro & W 8.1 R Pro. Windows 7 Pro on Lenovo & W/Vista Ultimate on Gateway Laptop.
(WSAC 5 PC,WSA Business)W/10 Preview
Topics: 211
Kudos: 4,643
Ideas: 9

Re: Apple stabs Heartbleed bug in AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule gear

Hi SSherjj

I'll be using Linux long before I go anywhere near an Apple or a Mac. :smileywink:

It is a personal thing and I have no issue with people who do use them/are fans of them (indeed my Wife is an iDevotee)...give me Windows any day.

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v8.0.7.28...+ VoodooShield v2.23l Beta....working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by AX Time Machine v2.0