Bank details of thousands of Lloyds's customers lost

• 10 September 2015
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
10th September 2015 By Hilary Osborne

Premier Banking customers advised to take out insurance against fraud as banking details go missing

Bank details of thousands of Lloyds Premier account customers have been taken from an insurer, and customers have been warned to take out cover against fraud.

Some Premier Banking customers who had emergency cover from Royal Sun Alliance (RSA) through their paid-for accounts between 2006 and 2012 have been told that personal information including their account details and sort codes are on a storage device that went missing in the summer.

The insurer became aware of the theft at the end of July, and informed police and regulators. Lloyds has written to the affected customers to warn of the breach.

Full Article

10 replies

Userlevel 7
No ones safe today even Lloyds of London these are the cream of the crop customers...........ouch!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I agree Antus.  Too many bad guys with too much time on their hands, 
im with Lloyds have to go in tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. dont want my details going around the web
Userlevel 7
The day you have to take out insurance to cover the data losses incurred from one of the world's most noted insurers, Lloyds, is when you know things are really bad indeed.
Userlevel 7
@Antus67 wrote:
No ones safe today even Lloyds of London these are the cream of the crop customers...........ouch!!!!
Hi Anthony

I think that you are mistaking Lloyds Bank for Lloyds of London; the former and the subject of the article is a high street bank whereas the latter is in the insurance business...;)

I am a Lloyds bank customer but have never had a Premier account (they charged you for the privilege). Hopefully this is not the tip of an as yet unsighted 'iceberg'...LOL

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
im with Lloyds have to go in tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. dont want my details going around the web
Wouldn't bother unless you were a Premier customer...like the article stated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
You just beat me to it Baldrick, I was going to say that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Have you made a claim under the Royal Sun Alliance (RSA) emergency home cover policy then you need to read this.

by Lee Munson on September 11, 2015

The personal details of thousands of Lloyds Bank account holders have gone missing following the suspected theft of a data storage box.
The breach affects any customers who made a claim under a Royal Sun Alliance (RSA) emergency home cover policy attached to their £25 a month Lloyds Premier bank account between 2006 and 2012.
RSA said the storage device disappeared from one of its data centres on 30 July 2015, but it did not notify police until much later as it attempted to resolve the issue 'internally'. The Organised Crime Unit is now investigating the matter.
A spokesman for the insurance company said:
Unfortunately a data storage device has been reported as stolen from one of our data centres.
We have advised our regulators and are in the process of contacting potentially impacted customers to apologise.
We recognise this should never have happened and apologise to all customers who have been impacted.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
My mistake Solly thanks for pointing that out to me. ;)
thanks for sharing this with me i going to find out more info on this as i like to know what they fgoing to do about it.