CONFIRMED: Sophos shifting threat response work to India

• 4 June 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

It's just global growth, shrug securobods

By John Leyden, 4 Jun 2014

Updated Sophos has confirmed it is moving the "majority of its [computer security] threat response work" to India.
The Register got wind of the change from an anonymous tipster who told us SophosLabs is shifting away all of its frontline operations to India after it acquired Cyberoam there in February this year.
 In a statement, Sophos claimed the moving of key tech-support roles to India was part of its global growth that enabled it to offer around-the-clock tech response.
It added that it is looking to increase the workforce of SophosLabs, which has centres scattered over the world, though it would not provide numbers. The company told us:

Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Why not...I do not think that any of the major players in the market should be unduly worried...it is certainly not going to change their profile and will certainly not make them anymore popular then that are already...NOT!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I got weary of them when they pulled thier OND affiliate program or I think OND pulled them. They had a HUGE promo and then they suddenly got pulled a few hours after that. That, along with some of the facebook comments made me a bit eww about it.

EDIT; OND did pull them.
Userlevel 7
DELL did the same thing when I worked for them and it backfired quite horribly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@ wrote:
DELL did the same thing when I worked for them and it backfired quite horribly.
Was this the sonicwall part of dell?