Solved

Cracked dot com malware

• 15 November 2013
  • 6 replies

Hi, this is my first time posting so not sure if I'm in the right place, but I've been attacked in the past and have recently read about malware on the humor website cracked(dot)com. At least, I think I've been attacked from there, as the last time I had an issue it started shortly after visiting the site. Now I've been hearing that the site installs malware when you go there. Does anyone else know about this?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 15 November 2013, 20:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello cmsheridan and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

To be sure that your are free of malware please Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to check for you.

Daniel 😉
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that to be sure! I was also wondering if this was a known source of malware, or if there's any info on the site being a threat. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I would block it network wide just to be sure. Many routers have ability to block sites in thier firewalls. My Amped router and my Meraki AP both have those.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Why as BrightCloud shows it to be fine and clean?

Daniel

Interesting. Is it possible the trojan is getting released through an ad and wouldn't be picked up by BrightCloud? Or just a fluke?

In any case, thanks for the input everyone! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Without seeing full scan logs it's hard to say you have anything also the Identity Shield is designed to stop such things when browsing but it's always good to contact support for a check up to be fully sure.

Daniel