Denmark Sent Healthcare Data of 5.3M Citizens to Chinese Agency by Mistake

• 21 July 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Oh My!!!

A CD containing data of 5.3 million Danes ended up in the hands of a Chinese visa application worker

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/fitted/340x180/denmark-sent-healthcare-data-for-5-3m-citizens-to-chinese-agency-by-mistake.png

Jul 20, 2016 21:55 GMT  ·  By Catalin Cimpanu An envelope containing a CD with the healthcare records of 5.3 million Danish citizens was mistakenly delivered to the wrong address, in the hands of an employee working at the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Copenhagen, Danish officials announced last week.

The incident took place on February 18, 2015, when Statens Serum Institut (SSI), a private healthcare organization sent a CD via Post Danmark to the country's Statistics Office.

Due to a mistake by the postal worker delivering the envelope, the package reached the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre, on the same street, a few hundred meters from the Danish Statistics Office headquarters.

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Indeed,...'Oh My'...very unlike the Danish who are usually quite efficinet and discrete...and they don't have many more citizens on top of the 3.5 million ones whose data was compromised. ;)