Fifth Version of Tinba Trojan Expands to Target Asian Banks

• 15 January 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

30% of all infected victims are from Singapore

Jan 15, 2016 01:23 GMT  ·  By Catalin Cimpanu  Tinba is a well-known banking trojan that has been wreaking havoc among users in the past five years, ever since its source code was leaked online.

Through time, the trojan, also known as Tinybanker, Zusy or HµNT€R$, has had four major versions. In a report from F5 Labs, the cyber security vendor is announcing a fifth version, one that has received special updates so it can target banks from the APAC (Asia-Pacific) region, a territory in which Tinba hasn't been very active until now.

This fifth version, named Tinbapore, doesn't differ too much from the previous versions and still works in the same way.

Full Article

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Singapore being a third world country will have to up their security and training against these exploits.These cyber criminals know to exploit their weaknesses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I wouldn't immediately call Singapore a third world country. They may be small but that doesn't mean they are a third world country. They may just be lacking the necessary tech resources. But they deffinitely need to do something to it.
Userlevel 7
My error on Singapore they are not a third world country they have
developed technically and very well and economically
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? i'm not angry for your statement about Singapore ;) I don't have any ties to the country and have no relatives there. I just can give my own objective view after having been there a few times and i can tell you that places not bad to live ( one just does not pick a hotel in the former red-light district if you dont want to get a suprise in the evening when you leave the door :D  ). It's Malaysia that's right next door that's a bit less tech developped . Historically seen people from Singapore have many relatives in Malaysia because part of Malaysia & Singapore is on the same speck of an island.
Userlevel 7
Well, just goes to show that no one can assume or believe that they are immune from this sort of stuff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
January 19, 2016  By Pierluigi Paganini

A new variant of the infamous Tinba banking trojan has emerged in the wild and is targeting financial institutions in the Asia Pacific region.

Even small threats can scare the giants, this is the case of Tinba, a small malware that continues to create serious problems for financial institutions. Tinba is a popular financial trojan, the fifth version is now circulating in the wild targeting banks in the Asia Pacific region.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
These financial institutions will have to tighten up their security and become more proactive in their defense against this Trojan