Getting a bad reputation? IP reputation is the answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Sam Coleman 2017-05-18

As Clavister launches its new IP reputation feed, powered by Webroot®, we caught up with Chad Bacher, SVP of Product Strategy and Technology Alliances at Webroot to get his views on the new cyber realities and why keeping a healthy network starts from the outside as much as inside.

DeCrypted News: You’ve mentioned that the threat from cyberthreats— for the first time in years — is decreasing. Can you elaborate on the reasons why it’s decreasing and is it temporary? 

Chad Bacher: For the first time, we witnessed a minor year-over-year decrease in the volume of malware. In part, the decline can be attributed to the increased security awareness, but it also reflects changes in cybercriminal tactics. We observed a drastic increase in malicious website encounters and significant changes to the malicious IP landscape, as well as an overall decrease in the average lifespan of phishing sites. These observations are evidence of a highly reactive threat landscape that adapts at a moment’s notice to changes in the ways users try to protect themselves.

Full Article

3 replies

I still like Webroot more than broccoli. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I still like Webroot more than broccoli. :p
Webroot also does not turn to mush like Broccoli 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I still like Webroot more than broccoli. :p
Webroot also does not turn to mush like Broccoli ;)
❤️I Love Broccoli just as much as I Love Webroot!! ❤️ :p :p

Got to eat your greens to be healthy. :D