GnuPG 2.1.9 released

• 12 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Posted on 12 October 2015. The GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG) is a complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard which is commonly abbreviated as PGP. It allows to encrypt and sign data and communication, features a versatile key management system as well as access modules for public key directories.

GnuPG itself is a command line tool with features for easy integration with other applications. A wealth of frontend applications and libraries making use of GnuPG are available. Since version 2 GnuPG provides support for S/MIME and Secure Shell in addition to OpenPGP. Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, that is very interesting...I used PGP many, many years ago but thought it had bitten the dust a while back. Not sure I would use it now as things have much improved over the old days in terms of how one can secure data/communications...there are so many player now in the market...and a copmmandline tool would not be my first choice.

But good to see that it is still around and therefore people who want/need to use it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I have to admit that I have never used it but I have had heard of it quite a long time ago.