Did You Know?

MikeR
Topics: 136
Kudos: 743

Google's Schmidt says Android devices are more secure than iOS

[ Edited ]

"Google executive Chairman Eric Schmidt says he believes his company's mobile platform is more secure than iOS."

“The FBI and Department of Homeland Security released a report on mobile malware that indicated 79 percent of mobile malware threats affect Android.”

Interestingly, a report released from Juniper Networks found that Android devices are targeted at a much higher rate than iOS devices, although 77 percent of the Android threats could be eliminated if users had downloaded the latest version of Google’s operating system.

Full article

Android Latest OS.jpg

Please use plain text.
Community Guide
superssjdan

Re: Google's Schmidt says Android devices are more secure than iOS

I might be inclined to believe him had i not seen the obvious for myself.I know a few mobile shops locally here that are flooded on a regular basis with malware infected ANDROID devices.Granted,a great many threats can be mitigated by keeping your os and apps up to date,but unfortunately a lot of people,and a vast majority of mobile users,are totally security ignorant and quite lazy when it comes to updating anything.I'm not sure how feasible it is,but i personally would have no issue with a forced update for important updates.

All Pcs now:WSA 8.0.4.66 with ESET Smart Security 7.0.302.26
Adguard 5.9
Acronis True Image 2014
CCleaner 4.10.4570/JV Powertools 2014
Diskeeper Pro 16.0.1017.0
Windows 8.1 PRO X64 8gig memory Core i5 3.2ghz
Please use plain text.