Hacker Breaks into Italian Government Website, 45,000 Users Exposed

• 18 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It is mindblowing how easy it appears to be for hackers to gain access to what should be secure environments.

Kapustkiy managed to hack another government website

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/fitted/340x180/hacker-breaks-into-italian-government-website-45-000-users-exposed.jpg

Nov 18, 2016 12:22 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa Hacker Kapustkiy just managed to break into another government website, this time in Italy where the target was the Dipartimento della Funzione Pubblica.

Specifically, using a simple SQL injection, Kapustkiy got access to a database of no less than 45,000 users, including login credentials for services being handled by Italian cities.

Kapustkiy took to Pastebin to share part of the database, saying that he decided to leak only 9,000 of the entries in order to give time to the Italian authorities to fix the security flaw.

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Well, to be honest I am far from surprised given the litany of similar actions that we have seen recently. And I dare say that it will continue until the powers that be take this all much more seriously than they currently do.