Hackers so far ahead of defenders it's not even a game

• 26 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By looking at quite a few of recent posts here it is plain to see that the old tactics are still being used and worryingly very successfully as well.

Crims using multiple exfiltration points

26 Apr 2016 at 04:01, John Leyden Cybercriminals are way ahead of the game against defenders without having to try anything new, according to the latest edition of Verizon's benchmark survey of security breaches.

The study shows that miscreants have no need to switch up, because the same old tactics are still working fine. Security

defenders are still performing poorly in their attempts to defend against hacking or malware-based attacks. This isn't for a lack of trying or skills on their part, but almost completely down to the fact that the game is rigged against them.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
It appears to be a up hill battle so what can we do??? Pull the computer plug would solve the problem. However not practical.
Userlevel 7
I think that the answer is the way the Webroot handle it...in the Cloud with the WIN (with ENZO at its core) covering all the bases and due to it's size it must still have the 'oldies' pegged and so we are protected. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I think that the answer is the way the Webroot handle it...in the Cloud with the WIN (with ENZO at its core) covering all the bases and due to it's size it must still have the 'oldies' pegged and so we are protected. :D
I agree Baldrick, Webroots way is the best. Get rid of all the bells and whistles that a lot of the traditional Security Suites come with , get back to basics and concentrate on what they are there for and that is protection.