Honda Plant Shut Down by WannaCry

• 26 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Honda isn't alone in facing these challenges -- according to Reuters, competitors Nissan and Renault also stopped production at plants in Japan, Britain, France, Romania and India last month due to WannaCry attacks. 

Webroot senior threat research analyst Tyler Moffitt told eSecurity Planet by email that the attack should serve as a reminder that even if your business wasn't hit during the initial WannaCry outbreak, you may well still be vulnerable. "We recommend that you revisit your security patches immediately and ensure that all of your networked computers can connect to kill switches," he said.

More on eSecurity Planet. 

3 replies

Badge +8
Hi frewdrew,

Malware is getting to be the norm instead of the exception. Not a day goes by when someone somewhere is hit by it. Will it ever end?? I think not. I am glad that I have Webroot in my corner.:D

Theresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ It's becoming a part of our daily conversation; that's for sure. Happy to hear that you picked Webroot over every other vendor. A wise choice indeed :) 
Badge +8
I had had too many ridiculous conversations with the AVG people in a European country. I forget where they are located and am too lazy to look it up. Anyway, they messed up my PC and I had enough so I shopped around and did a thorough investigation and the road ended at, yes you guessed it, Webroot.

I can honestly say that I have never regretted it one day since then.  It is a powerhouse and a low impact program and it lets ME decide what I want and what I don't want it to do. For that I am grateful.

Not to mention it comes with this awesome forum with loads of smart people who walk the talk.

Best,
T