How many times a day does the average person check their phone? 221, apparently

• 12 October 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
By Darren Allan Posted on 10102014

A new piece of research has looked into the amount of times that British smartphone users check their handset and carry out a task on it every day -- and the answer is 221 times, on average. Which begs the question: how many times a does a true smartphone addict check their device?
At any rate, the survey of 2,000 UK smartphone users, courtesy of Tecmark, found that most folks first look at their phone at 7:30 in the morning, to check emails and then the Facebook app (no surprise there). Early morning tasks which are still carried out in bed by many are reading recent news updates, and looking at the weather forecast -- as well as sending a couple of texts.

http://betanews.com/...221-apparently/

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, then I am either deviant or werid (probably both) but I am lucky is I check my phone more than 10 times a day, and that is on a good day.  Really, Joe Public really need to get a grip and get a life. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I must be weird, coz I just remembered that I haven't looked at mine since I woke up this morning. but it is Sunday I suppose.

A lot of people have become 'enchanted' by their 'smartphones' these days. Time will show the effects of that on society.

Some seem to have forgotten (or never learned) how to communicate face-to-face. Sad really.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well Webrooters..

I think I will jump in on this conversation! I can't seem to leave my cell phone alone ever! Very enchanted with the technology of a smart phone and I guess it's my weakness...but I do feel the need to watch this Forum while on the go.. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Well, then I am either deviant or werid (probably both) but I am lucky is I check my phone more than 10 times a day, and that is on a good day.  Really, Joe Public really need to get a grip and get a life. LOL
I agree totally, people really do need to get a life becaus it is ridiculous how people cannot be parted from them.
But I do admit that tonight I looked at mine 3 times however that was just because I needed to use the torch 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
I do admit that tonight I looked at mine 3 times however that was just because I needed to use the torch :D
LOL! :D  that's brilliant.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
A lot of people have become 'enchanted' by their 'smartphones' these days. Time will show the effects of that on society.

Some seem to have forgotten (or never learned) how to communicate face-to-face. Sad really.

I have seen this first hand from my younger family members. When I was driving the 18 wheeler cross country many times I would see family's in restaurants sitting at the table playing with their electronic gadgets and not even say a word to one another. It is really sad, no face-to-face communication.