How safe are Android-based children’s tablets?

• 25 February 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Posted on 25 February 2015.

Looking for an Android-based tablet for your child but don't know which one to choose?

http://www.net-security.org/images/articles/nabi2-tablet.jpg
If you are concerned about the security of your child's data - as you should be - and about the device's protection against random hackers, Bluebox Security has just released a review of the nine most popular Android tablet models aimed specifically at children:

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters,

Jasper that's a great article. I bought my grandkids the Nextbooks 7 on Black Friday . Which they only play free games...
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I would find the scoring system a bit worrying @ only tablet managed to get above 5.

25th February 2015 By Tara Seals

Kids’ gadgets are big business these days, but parents should be aware of potential risk factors: Out of nine tablets marketed toward children, many of them have been found to inadequately safeguard the personal account information on the device, including photos.
Children’s tablets tend to have the same hallmarks: a colored, rubberized case to protect against damage, special management software to separate accounts for children and guardians, and kid-focused media, including apps and games. Additionally, information stored on children’s tablets is subject to privacy laws like the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), designed to stop the collection and tracking of children’s data.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Jasper..I'll need to lock them down with protection to safe quard as good as I can. Webroot should do the job! But privacy and tracking is difficult on any device to stop it that is..