How to control trolls with Google+

• 20 October 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7

By Mike Elgan  Posted on 10/20?2014

Every major social network is a mixed bag of good qualities and bad. For example, the best quality of Twitter might be its limit on the length of tweets, which enables you to follow many people and organizations without getting bogged down in long-winded, complicated posts.

The worst quality of Twitter, in my opinion, is the weakness of tools, features and policies for protecting against cyber-harassment. Trolls, bullies, racists and other haters run wild on Twitter, and there's little ordinary users can do about it.
Which brings us to one of the best things about Google+: The social network is nearly ideal for posting publicly and in the full light of day, while simultaneously protecting against trolls and other haters.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Google+ lol!  Must be hard being trolled on it, all of the 5 people that use it :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Google+ lol!  Must be hard being trolled on it, all of the 5 people that use it :D
I logged into once, I had to use it for a video conferance kind of thing which I ended up not staying for anyway.....

While logged in, I saw a couple people I know have accounts... and they do not post anything.  I logged back out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I logged into once, I had to use it for a video conferance kind of thing which I ended up not staying for anyway.....

While logged in, I saw a couple people I know have accounts... and they do not post anything.  I logged back out.
I have done exactly the same David I personally do not like it but it is each to their own.