How to improve your Twitter security and privacy

• 26 August 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
by Louisa Hardwick on August 26, 2014

http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/twitter-privacy-170_ss_158851127.jpg?w=640
We don't tend to lump Twitter in the same privacy bracket as, say, Facebook.
(Or Snapchat. Or Google. Or Instagram)
Why? Well, quite simply, Twitter has largely avoided the sort of self-inflicted wounds that have plagued Facebook and it has generally been quick to respond to privacy and security concerns.
While Facebook has chopped and changed its settings over the years, angering users with furtive and commercially minded privacy and security opt-outs, Twitter has stayed, so far, on the right side of the angry mob.
It was much quicker to offer HTTPS than Facebook in the wake of the Firesheep scandal and while Facebook has completely ignored Do Not Track (DNT), Twitter has supported it for years.
But as with any social network, Twitter is vulnerable to oversharing, data leakage and unintended consequences.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters!

Great article Jasper...it's great to know how to improve my Security and privacy in the twitter settings! I'm on it!

Salute'
Userlevel 7
I don't have a Twitter account just facebBook......however it appear by this article and by the way thanks Jasper for a good article....I may sign up. It appears Twitter is a bit better at privacy than facebook
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Anthony!

It's rather nice to link friends here from Webroot! If you follow the setting from Jasper's article it should help us with these issues! 😉