light bulb

Did You Know?

Highlighted

Intel unveils SSD Pro 2500 self-encrypting drives

Posted on 24 July 2014. Help Net Security

Intel announced the Intel SSD Pro 2500 Series, which offers IT departments peace of mind with advanced security features and capabilities.

SSD Pro25

Managing data security is critical for businesses and a challenge for IT leaders. Data breaches, often a result of lost or stolen PCs, can cost a business nearly $50,000 in lost productivity, replacement, data recovery and legal costs.

Full Story

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Intel unveils SSD Pro 2500 self-encrypting drives

Interesting - I wonder how they're handling the encryption keys?  Is it in the hardware, or is there something you have to manage in the OS?

Topics: 670
Kudos: 8,446

No thanks I will stick with the SSD's I use as it looks like:

“The Pro 2500 Series is a perfect companion to our data protection solutions, managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, all working in concert to provide IT departments with data security, management and control, wherever their endpoints may be.”

Daniel 

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.pngSigGVIP.pngEPA.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v9.0.3.19 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 10 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.7.0.7159.

MVP.gif.pngMicrosoft® MVP Consumer Security  

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png

Topics: 224
Kudos: 6,043
Ideas: 9

[ Edited ]

TripleHelix wrote:

No thanks I will stick with the SSD's I use as it looks like:

“The Pro 2500 Series is a perfect companion to our data protection solutions, managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, all working in concert to provide IT departments with data security, management and control, wherever their endpoints may be.”

Daniel 

It is the dreaded 'M' word...run for the hills...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.3.19...+ VoodooShield v2.82 Beta ...working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by Macrium Reflect v6

Topics: 4,582
Kudos: 8,719

Well I saw the "M" word then scrolled down the page and saw your reply Baldrick and I agree, maybe we should declare this topic as being a contaminated zone Smiley Wink

I feel the same though with a lot of those BIG security suites like McAfee and Norton.

Sr. Community Leader

Topics: 224
Kudos: 6,043
Ideas: 9

LOL, Jasper...LOL!Smiley Wink

But seriously I just cannot understand the rationale with continuing to use such a devalued brand. Smiley Surprised

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.3.19...+ VoodooShield v2.82 Beta ...working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by Macrium Reflect v6

Topics: 4,582
Kudos: 8,719

The trouble is, people see the name McAfee and immediately think it is one of the best, which came about because they along with Norton cornered the market for AV's in many of the shops over here for so long.

Sr. Community Leader

Community Expert Advisor

No thanks. I don't want anything to do with the M word.