Intel unveils SSD Pro 2500 self-encrypting drives

Userlevel 6
Posted on 24 July 2014. Help Net Security

Intel announced the Intel SSD Pro 2500 Series, which offers IT departments peace of mind with advanced security features and capabilities.

Managing data security is critical for businesses and a challenge for IT leaders. Data breaches, often a result of lost or stolen PCs, can cost a business nearly $50,000 in lost productivity, replacement, data recovery and legal costs.

Full Story

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Interesting - I wonder how they're handling the encryption keys?  Is it in the hardware, or is there something you have to manage in the OS?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No thanks I will stick with the SSD's I use as it looks like:

“The Pro 2500 Series is a perfect companion to our data protection solutions, managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, all working in concert to provide IT departments with data security, management and control, wherever their endpoints may be.”

Daniel 

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
No thanks I will stick with the SSD's I use as it looks like:

“The Pro 2500 Series is a perfect companion to our data protection solutions, managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, all working in concert to provide IT departments with data security, management and control, wherever their endpoints may be.”

Daniel 

It is the dreaded 'M' word...run for the hills...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I saw the "M" word then scrolled down the page and saw your reply Baldrick and I agree, maybe we should declare this topic as being a contaminated zone ;)
I feel the same though with a lot of those BIG security suites like McAfee and Norton.
Userlevel 7
LOL, Jasper...LOL!;)

But seriously I just cannot understand the rationale with continuing to use such a devalued brand. :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
The trouble is, people see the name McAfee and immediately think it is one of the best, which came about because they along with Norton cornered the market for AV's in many of the shops over here for so long.
Userlevel 7
No thanks. I don't want anything to do with the M word.