Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014

• 25 July 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Comment: Instead of getting better its getting worse! No wonder users are straying away from this browser.
=================================================================================================
By John E Dunn | Techworld / Posted on July 25, 2014 Microsoft's Internet Explorer experienced a record number of software vulnerabilities in the first half of 2014, far above any other popular program, a Bromium analysis of the U.S. National Vulnerability Database (NVD) figures has shown.
Checking Bromium's numbers from the NVD, it looks as if IE's flow of public software flaws has roughly Other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox have each experienced only 50 or so public vulnerabilities in the same six months, compared to nearly 200 for the whole of 2013 for Chrome and 150 for Firefox. This is an unexpected turn of events; IE has gone from being significantly better than its rivals to being significantly worse. InfoWorld/ Full Read Here/ http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/internet-explorer-vulnerabilities-surge-record-levels-in-2014-247014 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Antus67... It's a shame that Microsoft IE is going downhill I really liked that browser since 1998 and I just changed my PC to Chrome and Firefox and I do use Safari sometimes on my Mac!

I don't understand why Microsoft can't get this browser right? Can anyone explain that? Why it takes months to issue a patch for it's vulnerabilities? It's a shame! 😞
Userlevel 7
Wow so many vulnerabilities! Good thing I use Firefox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Wow so many vulnerabilities! Good thing I use Firefox.
 Amit,     ;)Me too..I've even traded in Safari on the Mac for Firefox!!
Userlevel 7
Good going Sherry.:)
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hello Antus67... It's a shame that Microsoft IE is going downhill I really liked that browser since 1998 and I just changed my PC to Chrome and Firefox and I do use Safari sometimes on my Mac!

I don't understand why Microsoft can't get this browser right? Can anyone explain that? Why it takes months to issue a patch for it's vulnerabilities? It's a shame! :(
Excellent question Sherry! A question that I have no answer for. Like you and many others, I dont use IE.

I use Chrome and Firefox  as many others do. Lately more people are turning to other browsers. Maybe it takes them so long to find the vulnerabilities because there are less people using it?

It should not be this way and I agree, it is a shame.