Logitech Keystroke Injection Flaw Went Unaddressed for Months

• 14 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

December 14th 2018, By Tara Seals

The flaw allows a remote attacker to gain full access over a machine.

Computer peripheral giant Logitech has finally issued a patched version of its Logitech Options desktop app, after being taken to task for a months-old security flaw. The bug could of allowed adversaries to launch keystroke injection attacks against Logitech keyboard owners that used the app.

Google Project Zero security researcher Tavis Ormandy found the bug in September and publicly disclosed the vulnerability this week. The Logitech Options app lets users customize the functions of their Logitech computer peripherals, including mice, keyboards and touchpads.

Full Article.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I just got an update for my Logitech Mouse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

Thank you Daniel for letting us know about this Logitech update. I justed downloaded the software now.:D

Since we have the same MX Master Mouse!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Thank you Daniel for letting us know about this Logitech update. I justed downloaded the software now.:D

I love my MX Master and I got an MX Master 2S for my newer laptop and it uses the same software!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I love my MX Master and I got an MX Master 2S for my newer laptop and it uses the same software!
Cool. I love mine too and I just bought another one from Amazon 2 weeks ago which is a MX Master 2S because it was on sale! 
Copy Katter!:D:p

I'd go crazy if I didn't have a backup mouse! LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Cool. I love mine too and I just bought another one from Amazon 2 weeks ago which is a MX Master 2S because it was on sale! 

It's a pain using the same Mouse on more then one Laptop and have to reset the BlueTooth when I did switch, also I got my 2S 4 months ago.... 😛 so no more switching! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

It's a pain using the same Mouse on more then one Laptop and have to reset the BlueTooth when I did switch, also I got my 2S 4 months ago.... 😛 so no more switching! :D
What? 4 months ago? Dang! I was on Twitter and the Windows Club I believe it was. I looked on their website and saw that mouse on sale with only so many hours left. So I wasted no time ordering it.
ok you win!!:D