Massive iOS 8 flaw suggests parts of your password in autocomplete

• 29 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Brad Reed on Sep 29, 2014

This could potentially be a significant problem for anyone who has installed iOS 8 on their device. iDownload Blog points us to a new report from iGen.fr that claims iOS 8’s QuickType smart keyboard feature will actually suggest parts of your password as part of its predictive typing feature.

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters,

I'm not a happy camper with the iOS 8. The keyboard jumps around and puts curser below the reply box and now has a smaller areas to compose email. It does have pretty eye candy such as desktop photos. But pretty isn't cutting it. I tried 4 times this morning to sign into the Webroot Forum because the page kept jumping And the keyboard has a mind of it own. I'm not a fan of the Android type of predictions with this new keyboard and now it has privacy vulnerabilities.

Thanks Jasper for this article confirming all this for us Apple users...thinking they should update to the iOS 8 And as fast as IOS came out Apple had to quickly update to 8.2 to fix the issues in 8. I still feel this iOS has issues. People who want to update their iPad need to back it up encase you want to recover other operating system. Either way a backup should be first on the agenda!