Microsoft: We plan to CLEAN UP this here Windows Store town

• 21 August 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
The following article is a update by Microsoft on Clean up of Windows Store town
(Microsoft: We plan to CLEAN UP this here Windows Store town)

By John Leyden, 21 Aug 2014

Microsoft has promised to crack down on rogue apps in its Windows Store following criticisms that the marketplace is littered with "scam" software.
Windows Store – which debuted with Windows 8 – is littered with misleading apps. Typical problems include knock-off "unofficial" packages of free apps such as the VLC media player. These apps charge you for downloads while offering little or no added functionality, How to Geek reports.
 Apps that rely on iTunes' brand recognition are particularly pernicious. For example, there's an app that costs $8.99 called iTunes Player App that “helps user to know how to use [sic] and download iTunes”.
The consumer technology site argues that Redmond has brought this unsightly mess on itself by offering to pay developers $100 for each app they submitted to the Windows Store or Windows Phone Store as apart of a discontinued promotion that began in March.

The Register/ Full Article Here/ http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/21/windows_store_scamware_problems/

2 replies

Userlevel 5
I just go that email i know now.
Userlevel 5
It's from one of my old friends, he got a virus...