Microsoft suspends Windows 8.1 Update release to businesses

Userlevel 7
"Quote" Microsoft pursues Win-8-first security-patch policy: analysts

By  Stephen McBride Published  June 8, 2014  Summary/Microsoft Corp's Windows 7 OS has been left vulnerable to malware attacks as Redmond pursues an apparent policy of only pushing out security updates to its more recent operating systems, the Register reported.

A duo of researchers found discrepancies after scanning 900 Windows libraries and noting that four safe functions present in Windows 8 were missing from Windows 7
 itp.net/ Full Read Here/ http://www.itp.net/598507-microsoft-pursues-win-8-first-security-patch-policy-analysts

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Could you please check to make sure the topic has not previously been posted, thank you.

Redmond is patching Windows 8 but NOT Windows 7, say security bods
Userlevel 7
Anytime you have an item related to, but not the same as, a previous post, please DO post it, but put it as a reply to the original :)  That way we can keep the info all together and it avoids duplicates up above on the Ticker.

Please DO keep posting.  You are doing a great job and we appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
My apology my error...............will try to be more careful.............:$
Userlevel 7
@Antus67 wrote:
My apology my error...............will try to be more careful.............:$
Relax @ we all make mistakes from time to time ;)

As @ said: Anytime you have an item related to, but not the same as, a previous post, please DO post it, but put it as a reply to the original :D  That way we can keep the info all together and it avoids duplicates up above on the Ticker. Please DO keep posting.  You are doing a great job and we appreciate it!

Given the fact that these were two unique articles (different authors and different web sites) it's nice to have two different perspectives IMHO.  Keep up the great work!