Mobile Threat Monday: Watch Out! This Suspicious Android App WIll Cost You $365 a Year

• 16 September 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I had not heard of Armor for Android until I read this, another PUA to watch out for. By Max Eddy  09/16/2014 "How much would you expect to pay for an Android security app? No, don't say anything, because I'll tell you that $30 a year is about the maximum. Trust me, it's my job to know these things. But for ten times that amount, you can let a shifty app sorta-kinda-not-really keep your phone safe! Blue Coat Security shows us what's under the hood of Armor for Android, and it's not pretty.
There Might Be Something Wrong With Your Phone!
Before we even get to this week's app, we need to talk about how it's distributed. If you've been on the Internet long enough, you've probably encountered pop-up ads that say something along the lines of "your computer may be infected with viruses!" and then offer to scan your computer for the aforementioned viruses."

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
good article jasper, I am very cautious on what I download and this article enforces one to watch out very carefully.