Most people have done nothing to protect their privacy

• 7 June 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
"Quote"Most people have done nothing to protect their privacy

By/ HNS Staff/ Posted on 06 June 2014.

Summary/ Over 260 million people have been victims of data breaches and increased risk of identity theft since the Target revelations, yet nearly 80 percent have done nothing to protect their privacy or to guard their financial accounts from fraud, according to idRADAR.

Help Net Security/ Full Read Here/ http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=16970

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Nice article @  and before I forget, welcome to the Webroot Community!

"Most people have done nothing to protect their privacy" is all too true.  I remember  - like who could forget - when Heartbleed hit the scene.  As stated in the article, "There is a lack of knowledge about the issue of cyber security"

I e-mailed everyone in my family and gave them steps to follow in order to protect themselves.  And when the whole IE debacle hit, I did the same.  Take a wild guess how many out of the five actually followed my suggestions?  A whopping grand total of ONE!

The rest just went on merrily using their PCs, laptops, iPads, tablets etc as if it was no big deal.  ::shrugs:: Go figure.

Userlevel 7
The following article is a update on Privacy
(Most people still unconcerned about privacy threats)

By: HNS Staff/ Posted on 11 September 2014.

While cyber thieves continue to breach major corporations such as JP Morgan and, just last week, the Salvation Army and Home Depot, Americans still seem to be unconcerned about the growing cyber crisis, according to idRADAR.

73 percent said they did not do anything to protect their privacy or prevent their credit and debit cards from being fraudulently used. This figure is slightly better than the survey results released in June, which was 80 percent.

idRADAR CEO Tom Feige said: "With all the news about new breaches, and new revelations of organized 'cyber gangs' in China and Russia stealing sensitive personal and government records, people need to wake up and recognize the crisis and protect themselves."

HelpNetSecruty/ full article here/ http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=17354