Mozilla Thunderbird 52.0.1

• 14 April 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Thunderbird is Mozilla's next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before with the industry's best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in spell checker, extension support, and much more. Thunderbird gives you a faster, safer, and more productive email experience. We designed Thunderbird to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail so you can get back to reading your mail. Read on to find out more about the reasons why you should use Thunderbird as your mail client and RSS reader.

Mozilla Thunderbird 52.0.1 Final
Changelog
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/52.0.1/releasenotes/

• FIXEDClicking on a link in an email may not open this link in the external browser.
  • FIXEDCrash due to incompatibility with McAfee Anti-SPAM add-on. Add-on is blocked in 52.0.1

Known Issues

• UNRESOLVEDLarge attachments may not be shown or saved correctly if the message is stored in an IMAP folder which is not synchronized for offline use
  • UNRESOLVEDLarge number of blank pages being printed under certain circumstances
All Languages
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/52.0.1/win32/

en-US
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/52.0.1/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%2052.0.1.exe

Addons
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Petr

Many thanks for the heads up...much obliged as always.

A Happy Easter to you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Petr.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! Thank you Petr! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
There is an issue with this version if you use the Lightning calendar extension. TB 52 will not automatically update Lightning as it should do since the stable version of Lightning is not compatible. As far as I can make out, you have to manually install a Beta version of Lightning if you want to upgrade TB to 52.x.  Mozilla are aware of this and do not appear to be updating by internal updater those of us who use the Lightning extension.

If you manually check for updates, TB warns you of this and this has stopped me updating for now. I have decided to stay with TB 45.8 until they release a stable Lightning that is compatible with v52.x. If you insist on updating TB, you lose your existing Lightning extension and have to jump through the hoops of manually updating to a beta version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
There is an issue with this version if you use the Lightning calendar extension. TB 52 will not automatically update Lightning as it should do since the stable version of Lightning is not compatible. As far as I can make out, you have to manually install a Beta version of Lightning if you want to upgrade TB to 52.x.  Mozilla are aware of this and do not appear to be updating by internal updater those of us who use the Lightning extension.

If you manually check for updates, TB warns you of this and this has stopped me updating for now. I have decided to stay with TB 45.8 until they release a stable Lightning that is compatible with v52.x. If you insist on updating TB, you lose your existing Lightning extension and have to jump through the hoops of manually updating to a beta version.

Hi Nemo!

I haven't used Thunderbird for many years but I was thinking about when Petr listed this update for TB. 

Thank you for letting us know though. I am not aware of the Lightening calendar extension but I'll check it out when I get a chance. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Well, am running TB 52.0.1 with Lightning 5.4.0.1 (with last update on 14th April)...so all cushty here. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
I've finally updated OK to 52.0.1 and it did automatically update Lightning to 5.4.0.1. I had misinterpreted the warning that was displayed during the update process:

I realise now that TB will update Lightning as part of the update process but it threw me for a while, as I was imagining that Lightning would be disabled for some time, something that I could well do without.

Anyway, all's well that ends well! 😃