NUDE SNAPS AGENCY: NSA bods love 'showing off your saucy selfies'

Userlevel 7

Swapping other people's sexts is a fringe benefit, says Snowden

By Iain Thomson, 17 Jul 2014 In a way it is refreshing to see that even the high & mighty (or those who think that they are high & mighty) are no different to the 'common' folk...this caught my eye and I could not resit posting it for some light relief. 

"Edward Snowden has given an interview to The Guardian from his Russian hideout and warned that, among other things, those naked selfies people send to their loved ones are common currency among NSA staff."You've got young enlisted guys, 18 to 22 years old. They've suddenly been thrust into a position of extraordinary responsibility where they now have access to all of your private records," he said in the video interview.
 "During the course of their daily work they stumble upon something that is completely unrelated to their work in any sort of necessary sense – for example, an intimate nude photo of someone of in a sexually compromising situation, but they're extremely attractive. So what they do? They turn around in their chair and show their co-worker.""

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
This proves a old saying "boys will be boys"  The NSA (the high and mighty) are no better than anyone else. And to do what they are doing is "degrading women" showing off pictures they think their sprouting their male ego.......Shame on them in my opinion. http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/moods/tut_tut.gif
Userlevel 7
Indeed...I have no wish to condone such behaviour but I would be laughing if theladies gave as good as they got by showing off pictures of 'the boys'...poetic justice perhaps?...but on second thoughts...no, not a good thought at all...:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's pretty hard to control this behavior without stricter access controls.  At least for HIPAA there are strong fines and people will get fired for looking at someone's medical history without a valid reason to.