New Serpent Ransomware Targets Danish Speakers

• 9 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
While Locky ransomware dominated email-borne threats for most of 2016, we continue to see new ransomware variants appear frequently as threat actors look to cash in on the trend that began with Locky early last year. Some of these variants are hastily put together and easily cracked; others are carefully designed and accompanied by effective lures. Serpent ransomware, recently detected by Proofpoint researchers and analyzed below, falls into the latter category.
Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Serpent Ransoware Wants to Sink Its Fangs Into Your Data
Yesterday, ProofPoint posted about their discovery of a new ransomware called Serpent that is being distributed via SPAM emails. It was further determined that this ransomware appears to be a new variant of the HadesLocker and Wildfire ransomware family.

Below I have given a brief recap of the distribution methods discovered by ProofPoint as well as detailed information on what I have learned about how Serpent runs based on its source code. Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to decrypt files encrypted by the Serpent Ransomware.
Full Article
Thankyou so much for make me already here