Nozelesn Ransomware Reportedly Using Spam to Target Poland

• 2 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
2nd July, 2018 By Lawrence Abrams

A distribution campaign for a new ransomware called Nozelesn is currently underway that is targeting Poland. This campaign started July 2nd and we already have reports from victims in our forums and numerous cases have been spotted on ID Ransomware.

MalwareHunterTeam noticed numerous submissions to ID Ransomware this morning from Poland and a new topic created by victims in the BleepingComputer forums..

ID Ransomware Stats 
A researcher at CERT Polska, the Computer Emergency Response Team for Poland, has also stated that they believe the ransomware is being distributed through a spam campaign pretending to be a DHL invoice.

Full Article.

6 replies

Badge +2
Three times nozelesn comes up on search for this site, and all 3 are reposts from other sites. There is no mention of how well webroot can detect it, or how.

If you are going to point out ransomware or other threats, can you at least also point out how your protect is positioned against it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Three times nozelesn comes up on search for this site, and all 3 are reposts from other sites. There is no mention of how well webroot can detect it, or how.

If you are going to point out ransomware or other threats, can you at least also point out how your protect is positioned against it?
This is only the Security News forum, it is very hard on this forum to go into detail on what or how such things are protected other than to say that IF anything is not protected the analysts are very quickly onto it.
Most (all) of us you see here right now are just volunteers who give up their free time willingly to help, educate or inform other members and as such we do not have a huge amount of time to spare as we do have lives ourselves.
Plus a simple search shows this if you are desperate https://www.bing.com/search?q=nozelesn+&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB
Badge +2
Thanks, but as a Webroot customer, I wanted to know whether Webroot could catch ransomware.

Your link just searches for nozelesn, which is not the issue or question.

Message received, I'll drop it and consider the question unresolved. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ do you think you could just confirm that Webroot does catch the ransomware Nozelesn.
Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
@do you think you could just confirm that Webroot does catch the ransomware Nozelesn.
Thank you.
We do detect the known files associated with this Polish ransomware from July. 

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Thanks, but as a Webroot customer, I wanted to know whether Webroot could catch ransomware.

Your link just searches for nozelesn, which is not the issue or question.

Message received, I'll drop it and consider the question unresolved. Thanks
My expectations have been confirmed @ I hope this puts your mind at rest.

JtR