OS X 10.11.5 and iTunes 12.4 updates bring security and usability fixes

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
OS X 10.11.5 and iTunes 12.4 updates bring security and usability fixes.

El Capitan receives what will likely be its last major update ahead of WWDC.

by Andrew Cunningham - May 16, 2016 2:37pm EDT

Apple today released OS X 10.11.5, the fifth major update to OS X El Capitan since it was released last September. The company also released iTunes 12.4, a minor update that tweaks the user interface in an effort to simplify it.
The El Capitan update doesn't change much. There are quite a few security fixes and a few tweaks related to enterprise usage, but little in the way of user-visible changes. iTunes 12.4 is more noticeable change. It doesn't fix the core problem with iTunes—that having one program to handle local music, streamed music from Apple Music, TV and movie purchases, podcasts, and iOS device backups and administration makes for lots of clutter and confusion—but it does present a marginally more streamlined version of the app everyone loves to hate.

Full Article

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Just want let the Mac users know that there is updates now for El Capitan

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Mac OS X, Safari, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, etc.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Daniel! 😉
Userlevel 7
Im so happy right now...
Daniel is keeping up with Apple news :p
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Im so happy right now...
Daniel is keeping up with Apple news :p
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30761975-Updated-Apple-softwares-for-May-2016

❤️ ❤️

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
ROFL

Userlevel 7
Got it this early this evening. From download to install about 10 minutes with it looked like a double reboot (I think

). First update I had on the new Mac with a reboot. All went smooth. It's different than Windows, OS X is faster.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Got it this early this evening. From download to install about 10 minutes with it looked like a double reboot (I think

I can testify to that @ Mac is indeed quicker!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

@ faster then your RAID 0 Alienware?????

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

@ faster then your RAID 0 Alienware?????

Well you caught me there Daniel..My Raid is faster then my Mac becasue my Mac is so old(2007) My Alienware cannot be topped in speed and performance. But @ is pretty close with his new Mac! My otrher Windows OS are slooowww....