Only Four in 10 US Adults Trust Governments to Handle Personal Biometric Data

• 10 April 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
****** Good discussion do you trust your Goverment to handle your Personal Data*******
=================================================================================================

By: Razvan Muresan

Organizations that consumers view as traditionally handling sensitive information, or those that serve important life functions such as hospitals and banks, are the most trusted, at 64 percent.
A third of consumers are neutral on using these technologies due to a lack of understanding about the user experience, data security and overall value proposition to them.
Although fewer than half of US adults have used any biometric technology, digital fingerprinting (29 percent) and voice recognition (13 percent) are the most widely used technologies. Consumers are most familiar with biometrics commonly portrayed in the media – such as DNA analysis – and biometrics they have seen, such as fingerprint readers on smartphones.
Some 91% of companies plan to turn to advanced authentication to help manage access and gain trust of customers and business partners, according to PwC. Some businesses are developing and implementing more advanced on-premises authentication technologies such as biometrics.

full article here:

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, that is not a surprising finding...in fact I am surprised that 40% trust is better then I would have put money on. Government, private data & privavcy, whether bio metric based or other, is not an easy mix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It makes me wonder if that survey was taken before or after the Apple v FBI spat and if before if the figures would have changed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
As Baldrick saids that's higher then I would expect too. I definetly do not trust Governments to handle our privacy personal data! :@
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
As Baldrick saids that's higher then I would expect too. I definetly do not trust Governments to handle our privacy personal data! :@
How do you think I feel? Government Health Insurance from the Military, Military Retirement Pay, Social Security Pay, Government Dental. Boy I really feel secure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
How do you think I feel? Government Health Insurance from the Military, Military Retirement Pay, Social Security Pay, Government Dental. Boy I really feel secure!

Do I see a touch of sarcasm there Dave? 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Do I see a touch of sarcasm there Dave? ;)

Userlevel 7
Much more than just a touch, Jasper...positively dripping with it...LOL ;)