Pentagon hacker McKinnon can't visit sick dad for fear of extradition

• 2 August 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Comment: This is a good article for discussion.Should he be allowed to visit his sick father without any reprisals or not?
=================================================================================================
By John Leyden, 1 Aug 2014

Pentagon hacker Gary McKinnon is afraid tor visit his sick father in Glasgow after advice from his lawyers about the possibility of extradition.
McKinnon's father, Charlie, is in hospital after suffering a stroke.
But lawyers for the London-based hacker have advised him against visiting his dad in hospital in Scotland because of the possibility he might be served extradition papers if he visits the country, which has a separate legal system from that of England.
UK Home Secretary Theresa May withdrew an extradition order against McKinnon, who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome, on medical and human rights grounds in October 2012, marking the successful end of a high-profile campaign against extradition.

The Register/ Full Article Here/ http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/01/pentagon_hacker_mckinnon_wary_of_visiting_sick_father_in_scotland_over_extradition_fears/

2 replies

Well them are the breaks.  He should have thought about it before hacking into Pentagon.

"So I stole all bunch of **bleep** that might get people killed since Aspergers made me do it...but now my father is sick so I want to see him, poor poor me".

Aspergers syndrome used as an excuse for hacking, well that's the first!  **bleep** I shoudl hack into NSA because I might suffer from Post Trumatic Stress Disorder.

You play hard you live hard.

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Well them are the breaks.  He should have thought about it before hacking into Pentagon.

"So I stole all bunch of **bleep** that might get people killed since Aspergers made me do it...but now my father is sick so I want to see him, poor poor me".

Aspergers syndrome used as an excuse for hacking, well that's the first!  **bleep** I shoudl hack into NSA because I might suffer from Post Trumatic Stress Disorder.

You play hard you live hard.

Yes, he should have!

Using a condition is not an excuse, I could not agree with you more! Unfortunately, this guy is not the 1st one to do so and more than likely will not be the last. He didnt get away with what he did because of it. Aspergers does not cause people to commit crimes, using it as an excuse is low.