Did You Know?

DavidP1970
Kudos: 1,651

Researchers use smartphone camera to figure out PINs

"Researchers have found a way to figure out what personal identification number, or PIN, someone is typing into their smartphone by using the device's built-in cameras and microphones to secretly record them."

Full Article

I am not really sure which is more frightening: The fact that it can be done, or the fact that someone was creative enough to figure out how to do it!

Password Manager.  Need we say more?

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
explanoit
Topics: 58
Kudos: 492
Ideas: 51

Re: Researchers use smartphone camera to figure out PINs

[ Edited ]

>2013

>using Android

It tooks hundreds of millions of dollars and their top engineers, but Google finally brought malware to Linux. Good job.

[Lumia 1020 business + iPhone 5S personal]

----------------------------------------
Business Products Sr. Community Leader and Expert Advisor - WSA-Enterprise and WSAWSS administrator of 1400+ computers
First company to 1000+ WSA endpoints | Power User / Business Ambassador / WSA-C and WSA-E Beta tester
Community LeaderCommunity Leader
Find me on Twitter!

Please use plain text.
New Voice
rocxylemmon

Re: Researchers use smartphone camera to figure out PINs

lol, thats right!

Please use plain text.