Secure email bods ProtonMail open signup floodgates to world+dog

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

After two years, Swiss crypto-messaging provider leaves beta

17 Mar 2016 at 11:53, Alexander J Martin Interview Secure email service ProtonMail has come out of beta and re-opened free registration to all for the first time in almost two years.

Applications to join the invite-only service had been backed up almost since the day it launched, as the free encrypted mail service quickly reached its upper capacity of users and struggled to grow to meet demand.

ProtonMail was launched back in May 2014 by scientists who had met at CERN and MIT, with a $550,000 crowd funding campaign. It also received $2m from Chales River Ventures and a Geneva-based startup accelerator, the Fondation Genevoise pour l’Innovation Technologique.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I do have Proton Mail but it's great to know that they are now having this email program available for the iOS from the Apple Store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Well I do have Proton Mail but it's great to know that they are now having this email program available for the iOS from the Apple Store.
It is good Sherry.
It has taken a long time but I remember when I was accepted onto the Beta it took quite a few months for my application to come through.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
It is good Sherry.
It has taken a long time but I remember when I was accepted onto the Beta it took quite a few months for my application to come through.
Well we learned about the Beta from Daniel! And that was ages ago..so it's been in Beta for a long time and yes it took me months to be able to sign up!