Sex toy hacking: Cyberattackers could take control of your vibrator

• 16 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Obviously there is nothing which is out of bounds. People need a wake up call with these IoT devices, thought must be given as to if they really need "connected" devices.

By James Billington  March 16, 2016                                                     

It seems nothing is safe from the reach of a hacker, not even your sex toys. A demonstration by software company Trend Micro showed how easy it is to remotely turn on the stimulating devices using just a laptop.

During a news conference at the CeBIT technology fair in Germany a spokesperson for Trend Micro pulled out a neon-pink vibrator and, without touching it, brought it buzzing to life by typing a few lines of code. But it wasn't just for thrills, it was an effort to highlight how the increasing number of devices connecting to networks can pose a big security risk.

"If I hack a vibrator it's just fun, but if I can get to the back-end, I can blackmail the manufacturer," said Raimund Genes, Chief Technology Officer at Trend Micro.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
OH MY, OH MY...well, I have to admit that I never saw that one on the horizon...whatever next? It opens up an whole new avenue of denial, etc., in realtion to those that may indulge in the encounters with this sort of item...;)
Userlevel 7
HA!!!! http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/happy-smileys/happy-smiley12.gifThe first remote control sex toy.........................whats next????????????????
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Ha Ha this is a real screamer!:S You are right Anthony whats next.?