The smart, alert, strong, kind, and brave way to Internet awesome

• 27 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
June 27, 2017 by Malwarebytes Labs

Mom and Dad, do you know when to start talking to your kids about internet safety? Google’s new Be Internet Awesome program might just be the perfect topic to start off that conversation.

Launched this National Internet Safety Month, Be Internet Awesome aims to teach kids to explore the internet safely, smartly, and confidently. This campaign is a collaborative effort of Google with online safety experts from the Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI), the Internet Keep Safe Coalition (or iKeepSafe), ConnectSafely, and several YouTube vloggers—who happen to include The Fault in Our Stars author, John Green—for an ongoing video series.

Full Article.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Another rather stupid initiative...in my humble opinion...amongst many others...that again misses the point as to relevance and key to uptake. I despair at all the initiative that seem to be more fluff than substance. :(
Badge +8
Well spoken if I do say so myself!!!:D

U.S. Senate Designates June National Internet Safety Month---that is very funny. Now we have an entire month devoted to common sense. Will there be greeting cards also??

T